Make An Israeli Flag
• long cardboard roll
• large sheet of white paper
• blue crayon, marker, or paint
1. Fold the piece of paper into four parts. Cut off one piece (see model)
2. Draw an Israeli flag in one of the folded areas. The Israeli flag has two stripes, one near the top, the other near the bottom, and a Jewish star in the center.
3. Glue the remaining plain areas around the cardboard roll.
4. Bring your flag to synagogue on Simchat Torah and join in the hakafot (processionals).
(adapted from “Jewish Holiday Crafts for Little Hands” by Ruth Esrig Brin, Kar-Ben Copies, Inc., Rockville, 1993.)