Pan-Seared Grouper with Fresh Corn and Tomato Hash
4 6 oz fillets of grouper, skin removed
Sea salt, to taste
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 ears fresh corn, kernels removed and saved for use
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Season the fish on both sides with salt only.
3. In a pan over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sear the fish on one side for 2 minutes until golden brown. Make sure not to move the fish once it has been placed in the pan or the fish will stick.
4. Remove fish from pan and place seared side up on a small greased baking sheet. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.
5. In the same pan, turn the heat to medium and add the garlic. Sauté for one minute without browning.
6. Add corn kernels and sauté for 4-5 minutes until some of the corn has lightly caramelized.
7. Add fresh tomatoes and gently toss with the corn. Season with salt, pepper and basil leaves.
8. Remove from heat.
To serve, place a heaping spoonful of the corn mixture in the center of a plate. Add the fish fillet on top. Garnish with more fresh basil and finish with good sea salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.