As a result of the new coronavirus, or COVID-19, the Baltimore Jewish community is seeing cancellations and closures. Here, we have compiled a list of what we know right now.
This information is being continually updated. If you know of any events or additional activities that are canceled or postponed, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All public schools, senior centers, bars, restaurants, gyms, indoor malls, and entertainment venues in Md. All public workspaces where telework is possible should be closed in Baltimore County.
- Associated headquarters (101 W. Mount Royal Avenue) closed to the public but operational
- Baltimore Hebrew Congregation will livestream here
- Baltimore County Public Library locations
- Beth Israel Congregation will hold livestream services and asks members to stay home
- Beth Am will continue virtually at https://bethambaltimore.org/connect/video
- Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School as of Monday March 16 and has canceled the seventh grade trip to Washington, D.C., the kindergarten museum trip, and the high school trip to Budapest.
- Chizuk Amuno Congregation as of Friday, March 13 at 3 p.m.
- Department of Recreation and Parks Buildings in Baltimore County
- E. B. Hirsh Early Childhood Center for the week of March 13
- Edward A. Meyerberg Center
- Har Sinai Oheb Shalom and Learning Ladder pre-school through March 29
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore and Park Heights locations
- Jewish Community Services will hold many programs online while it closes itself to public support groups
- Jewish Federation of Howard County is limiting meetings
- Jewish Museum of MD effective March 17
- Krieger Schechter Day School is closed until March 27
- Levindale Geriatric Hospital stopped accepting visitors March 11
- Sol Levinson & Bros, Inc. funeral services at their chapel as of March 12
- Weinberg Community for Senior Living will not accept visitors as of March 12.
- Gatherings of 10 or more
- March 22 – Baltimore Jewish Council’s Teen Social Justice Summit
- March 24 — Lady Barbara Mandel 100th birthday
- March 26 — Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women Empower Breakfast
- March 26 — Baltimore Jewish Council Speaker at BHC
- March 29 — JVC Good Deeds Day
- March 29 — Baltimore Hebrew Congregation’s Brotherhood 2020 Seder
- March 29 — Columbia Jewish Congregation’s Kosher Capones and Author Joe Kraus
- March 31 — Of Substance Stoop Storytelling with BJC
- May 17 — Kappa Guild Fashion Show
- April 22 — The CHAI Home Buyer Workshop. Resources: chaibaltimore.org/workshop.
- April 25 — Randallstown High School Spring Xplosion Craft Fair
- March 12 to April 14 — Jewish Museum of MD public events
- March 13 to April 1 — All Sinai Hospital events
- March 13 to 31 — All Creative Alliance programming
- March 16 to April 1 — All Repair the World events (including Turn the Tables Shabbat dinner)
- March 14 — Celtic Woman Celebration; The 15th Anniversary Tour
- March 15-16 — Eighth grade play at Krieger Schechter Day School
- March 16 — BHC Women’s Interfaith Institute
- March 16 — CJE Early Childhood Conference
- March 17 to 22 — The Band’s Visit at the Hippodrome
- March 19 — Protecting Older Adults from Identity Theft and Scams by JCS
- March 19 — Beth Tfiloh Deborah Lipstadt event
- April 1 2020 Community Study – Foundation of Our Future: Portrait of Jewish Baltimore